Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pondering and wondering, the end is near.

I can honestly say that I have never encountered such a hectic summer.
From trip to trip, from loads upon loads of assignments to loads upon loads of missed assignments, I know that I swallowed more than I could chew this summer. I still managed to have some decent grades, and even though they are lower grades than I am used to have, I am glad that I could go this far with everything else going on in my life. I am just about caught up with my assignments in all my classes just in time for the finals to arrive in the corner of my eye. In two weeks, the summer semester is over and there is so much to do, and so little time to make it happen, but at the same time two weeks is what I was behind on and still made it to this point.
Now the word "final" starts coming out of mouths and blackboards, and so does the stress associated with that dreaded part of any student's journey.
Am I stressed over the upcoming ending of this crazy summer semester? Quite a bit, honestly.
Am I excited for it to be over? A bit, also.
The stress that I will consciously put myself into will be overwhelming to most, and the madness about its reasons are self measured and purposely over the edge. I like to overwhelm myself just to see how far my limits are and if I can push them even farther. When I think about it, it does sound a bit sadistic to push myself even harder than school even intended to..
"Assignment- Final Exam part I"
Here it is. The final stretch to hit that line. I can almost see the checkered flag, but am I winning?

No comments:

Post a Comment