Wednesday, July 16, 2014

13.1 Research Topic Exploration :Top Ten things I am Passionate About, Then My Top Three

The top ten things I am passionate about:

1- My son
2- The planet
3- The misinformation from media
4- Universal Healthcare
5- France / Home
6- My future
7- Foreign languages
8- Music
9- Sports
10- Comedies

The top three, not my favorite, but the ones I would be more able to talk about without being redundant:

1- My future
2- The planet
3- Universal Healthcare

1- My Future
i am passionnate about my future because it does not only concern me but it also concerns my son. I haven't been able to be with him for the past three years partially because the lawyers willing to take over the case ask at least 20 000 just to look at the case itself. They want to be partial and helpful, but they wanna be rich first. I want to find a good stable job which will bring enough money that I don't have to worry about student loan repayment or being past due anymore. As soon as I can get a job like that, I will get beck on the fast track to get my son back.

2- The planet
It is obvious that the planet is in a crappy state right now. thousands of years of destruction, degradation, with its highest in the past 200 years with the industrialization. The amazonian forrest is destroyed to leave space for McFarms so people get fat and unhealthy with more McCows fed with growth hormones, nuclear plants which were supposed to be the solution which keep breaking down and bring environmnetal damages to every living thing nearby, the melting poles, the climate change.

3- Universal healthcare
I am from a country in which social security is the safety net for the society, and not a retirement plan to whoever couldn't save anything. In France, most medical expenses are 80%covered by social security, making surgeries, and medication affordable. In the US, the pharmaceutical companies and health insurances impose a diktat over healthcare, putting their own prices and bankrupting over three quarters of America over something as asinine as being sick. Everyone gets sick or hurt, but do you have to lose your home over it?

I think I know what I will write about: I am passionate about the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment