Monday, July 7, 2014

Another day in paradise full of English classes- Week 5 part 1

Another Monday under the sun of July whenever it actually feels like shining. Three long weeks filled with mostly sleepless nights over stressful classes, finances and school responsibilities that had me contemplate the sounds of the fourth of July through my bedroom window as I finish my Honors English assignments. But I digress...
I overlooked most of the assignments I had to complete for the past few weeks between trips with school, job hunting, hospital trips and now it is time to catch up.
A three page essay is to be done. A throughout analysis of it also. Peer reviewing. SO much work, so little time but that would be hypocritical of me to start complaining now since I am the one who asked for it. I knew what the main course was to be, I just did not know how big the side dishes were going to be, which got me full way too early. I believe it is time to hit the treadmill and burn all that out as soon as possible because the stress has been more devastating to my health than the actual work that was asked of me.
Back to the basics: I need to reflect that even though English 295 is a more demanding class than 101, if I do not get to pass the basics, how do I expect to pass the advanced litterature class filled with Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness and Eliot's Wasteland?
Anyway, time to get my head straight and get to the promise land step by step, and as my doctor and my newly appointed dietician advised to do, get some sleep at some point or it could harm me even more than it already has.
Now I have an essay and a workshop to complete, so this could be concluded with the usual: To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment